As of January 1, 2014, NMSDC discontinued the practice of reciprocal certifications and replaced it with your ability to subscribe to services from any of the 24 regional councils of NMSDC that you choose.
MBE’s no longer need to obtain reciprocal certification to do business with a national member in another state or NMSDC region. Now, the RMSDC will provide subscription services to certified MBEs in good standing with their home certifying affiliate. Each council has a list of subscription services and varied subscription fees within a given range.
What is a subscription?
A subscription is an agreement to receive or be given access to affiliate products or services, such as:
- Access to top corporate purchasing agents
- Premium business connection outings and networking events
- Regional or industry-specific newsletters
- Vital introductions to national corporate members
- Specialized procurement conferences & Trade Fairs
- Supplier Diversity summits and roundtable discussions
- Professional development fellowships
- Mentor-Protégé pairings and other educational or development programs
- Technical and/or financial assistance and support
HMSDC offers a group of services that provide you with the leadership, resources and connections to grow your business in the Houston region. Our metrics of success as a council are simple: (1) to grow our MBEs in sales and employment, and (2) to grow our corporate member spend with our MBEs. Our goal is to delight our MBEs and Corporate Members with outstanding customer service and to consistently exceed their expectations. The services will be accessed as a bundle of services. Click Here for a list of subscriptions.
The fee for subscription services within the NMSDC Network may vary slightly from affiliate to affiliate. However, all fees are tiered based on your businesses’ gross annual sales. HMSDC’s subscription fees are below:
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4|
|$0 – 1 Million||$1 – 10 Million||$10 – 50 Million||Over $50 Million|
|$ 450.00||$ 600.00||$ 800.00||$ 1,000.00|
Eligibility for subscription services
In order to qualify for subscription services, your company must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an actively certified MBE within the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) network.
- Must be in good financial standing with your home RMSDC at the time of the subscription service request.
- Must be more than 60 days away from your home RMSDC certification expiration date when applying for subscription services.
Length of subscription services
A subscription service runs concurrently with your home affiliate council certification. The subscription expiration date will be the same as your home council certification expiration date. For example, if Company X is certified in Georgia with GMSDC from January 30, 2014 until January 30, 2015, then the subscription expiration date in Houston with HMSDC should also expire on the same date as the GMSDC certificate — January 30, 2015.
Timing rules for subscriptions
All MBEs are welcome to subscribe to the service at any time. However, any certified MBE requesting subscription services within 90 days of their certification expiring at their home certifying RMSDC will be asked to withhold their request until re-certification with their home certifying RMSDC is completed.