Connect, Lead and Network to Business Opportunities on November 18th and 19th. EXPO is Texas’ largest minority business development trade-fair. Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) are invited to discover contracting opportunities available with major corporations, government agencies, educational institutions, middle market companies and resource organizations.
For years, corporations utilized EXPO to expand their supplier and contractor bases. MBEs on the other hand, view EXPO as an easy and cost effective way of accessing key purchasing personnel. History has shown, as a result of contacts established at EXPO, MBEs made an average of 30 sales calls of which 33% reported immediate results. On average, at least two-thirds of participants report contracts ranging as high as $2 million within eight months of the event.
There are new and exciting components to EXPO this year. A list of new ways we are deliberately making connections for the general attendees are:
- L.E.A.D. Conversations I – an educational seminar regarding how to submit bids and proposals for corporations and state agencies
- L.E.A.D. Conversations II – a follow-up to the RFP seminar led by a corporation to share best practices and explain how they evaluate proposals from suppliers
- BizTalk – a partnership with the Houston Business Journal to provide dialogue around middle market firms and what businesses need to do to take advantage of these trends
- Power Industry Luncheon – the ability for exhibitors to network and meet with general attendees based on industry instead of company
- Senator Borris Miles Spot Bid Fair – Earn a contract on the spot! Introducing Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) to state agencies who have open bids and are looking for qualified suppliers for those opportunities.
Connect, Lead and Network to Business Opportunities through your participation at EXPO by registering today!